Thursday, December 30, 2010

Moleskine Madness...Solar Powered Hummingbirds...

I had a rare chance to go out and wander the garden and take the Moleskine along with a couple of the new Palomino Blackwing pencils. I was pondering sketching the walnut tree when from behind me I heard the fluttering of a hummingbird. I turned to face the sun that was blocked by a hovering iridescently sparkling blue, green, and violet hummingbird. I quickly tried to grab the image in the sketchbook. Unfortunately, the experience of the encounter is entirely personal and I don't think that I truly conveyed it through the drawing.
But, that's why we practice, practice, and practice with the Moleskine or some other sort of sketchbook with us at all times!
Happy pre-New Year to all of you! I know that 2011 will be the best year ever for all of us!

No comments: