Thursday, July 11, 2013

Animation Addiction...Watch Me Draw!

When I was in high school, one of the activities that we guys, that were cartoonists and artists would engage in on a regular basis was the 'Quickdraw' session. This was a bunch of us sitting in front of a sketch book or a large amount of paper and placing our pencils on top, so that each of us could see each others supplies. No cheating with hidden drawing implements is allowed in the Quickdraw!
I know. I laugh about that too!
Then someone would call out a subject. Could be any random person, place or thing. Or a combination of such. Then the clock would be checked and it would be 1-2-3 start! 
Grab that pencil  and draw that random subject!
Some guys could do it in 30 seconds and others would take a little longer but, it was always a fun drawing contest!
Quality was also a consideration of this artistic sport. Quick and dirty was never a good thing in the Quickdraw arena.
Anyway, I brought this up because I animated an illustration just to see what it would look like. I thought it turned out nice. It reminded me of those Quickdraw days!
Have a great day everyone!

No comments: