Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tech Savvy Saturday...This Old Stuff!


The ol' Wacom Graphire tablet sitting on top of my sketchbook and next to the Moleskine. I've had this tablet for a few years and I know that many professional artists consider this tablet absolutely worthless for creating anything on the computer. 
I think they are wrong! This is one of the most versatile little tools that I have ever purchased and well worth the fifty dollars that I spent when it was on discount sale at CompUSA. Yup, the old CompUSA. Those were fun stores!
Anyway, this tablet works with every application that I can throw at it. All of the Adobe products, Sketchbook Pro, and Artrage. It has drivers for Window 2000 up to and including Windows 8! Ubuntu recognizes it and I have used it in Inksacape, GIMP, and Pencils. How many pieces of hardware can say that? 
I know most artists that work digitally are drooling over the Cintiq or even drawing on the multitude of tablet computers available these days but, this Graphire is like an old friend that is always there to lend a hand. If you can find one at a garage sale or thrift store, pick it up, you won't regret it!
Happy Saturday!

No comments: