Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tech Savvy Saturday...The Heart of the Machine!


I often use the Windows machine in a dual boot with Linux but, I also go back to the old PowerMac G3 to get some work done. This old girl has Illustrator 6, Graphic Converter, Macromedia Flash installed on it. Along with my ScanMaker E3 that still runs on the 50 pin SCSI interface this completes my studio.
You can get work done on almost any platform and any machine these days. I have a 1 ghz Athlon machine that I have recently installed Xubuntu on and it is serving as our media machine. If you have any old hardware lying around, I would encourage you to try a flavor of Linux to make that old machine a modern powerhouse! Remember, it's not the tools but, the talent of the user.
Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments: