Friday, August 9, 2013

Moleskine Madness...Recording Rights!


The vinyl LP record seems to be making a come back or maybe I'm just seeing them used more often than usual. Those vinyl records had that special smell when you slit open the shrink wrap. I know that technically it was the out gassing of the vinyl and the cardboard cover but, it was always a smell that was associated with good times. 
It would appear that some companies still manufacture devices that will play these analog data storage disks. I found these at Crosley and they look awesome. I enjoyed the retro-ranch radio.
There were record stores everywhere when I was young. Depending on how 'cool' you were is where you would hang out. Interesting socializing would take place in these various shops. Alliances would be formed, friendships started, and even the tender romance blossomed under the casually loud music that flared from the speakers on the walls.

Have a funky Friday!

No comments: